HOW TO GET A MARYLAND MEDICALMARIJUANA CARD (MMCC)
Maryland’s medical cannabis laws are patient-friendly. To become a patient, you must meet eligibility requirements, apply to the MMCC, and obtain a certification from an MMCC-registered physician.
Who is Eligible to Become a Medical Cannabis Patient?
Any patient with a qualifying condition is eligible to become a medical cannabis patient. Below are the requirements for Maryland residents and out-of-state residents:
If you live in Maryland and have a qualifying condition, you’ll just need to see a physician who will recommend medical cannabis as a treatment for your condition or conditions. See the list of qualifying conditions below.
You do not necessarily have to be a Maryland resident to qualify as a patient. You just need to be receiving medical treat- ment in the state. During the registration process, you’ll need to furnish the name and address of the medical facility where you’re being treated.
What Are Considered Qualifying Conditions for Medical Cannabis in Maryland?
You may qualify for a doctor’s recommendation if you are living with a condition or with symptoms approved by the state of Maryland.
Patients with a chronic or debilitating disease that cause the following symptoms or side effects:
- Chronic Pain
- Severe Nausea
- Severe Pain
- Severe Seizures
- Wasting Syndrome
Patients with a chronic or debilitating condition including:
Patients living with any condition severe enough in which conventional medical treatments have been ineffective, and a doctor believes a patient’s symptoms can “reasona- bly be expected to be relieved [by medical cannabis]” Patients living with a chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition (such as cancer) who are receiving pa- lliative care or have been admitted to hospice
Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates.
READ ON TO STARTED TODAY!
What Do I Need to Do Before I Can Purchase Medical Cannabis from a Dispensary in Maryland?
Maryland medical cannabis laws are patient-friendly and the process is simple. Here’s how to get started:
STEP 1: APPLY
Create an account with the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
Valid Email Address
You’ll need an email to verify your
application. After you submit your application, you’ll receive a verification link by email. Be sure to click on this link, as your application won’t be considered complete until you verify.
Social Security Number
You’ll need the last four digits of your Social Security Number.
Valid Government-Issued Photo ID:
Provide a digital version of your US federal or state government-issued ID card or driver’s license and proof of a Maryland address. Acceptable formats include PDF or image (including .jpg, .png, or .gif) under 3MB in size.
Provide a current digital photo (taken within the last six months). You can use a free passport photo app for Android or iPhone.
- Color photos only.
- Aspect ratio must be square between 600×600 pixels and 1200×1200 pixels at 300 pixels (per inch resolution).
- Photo must be taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
- Your entire face must be visible, unobscured (no hats or sunglasses, and directly facing the camera.
- Take the photo with a natural smile or neutral facial expression (preferred).
- Do not alter or digitally enhance the photo in any way whatsoever.
After you’ve completed your application, MMCC will review the application and send you a follow-up email to let you know if they’ve approved your application. Be sure to maintain a copy of your approval email as it contains your Username and MMCC Patient ID number. You’ll need your Username to log into the Patient Registry and your ID number for your provider to issue you your written medical cannabis certification.
Guidelines for Patients Who Are
Minors (<18 Years of Age)
- Patients younger than 18 years of age are also required to provide the following:
- A notarized copy of the Minor Patient Form in a digital format.
- Official proof of guardianship for the minor patient in a digital format. Acceptable proof includes a birth certificate, adoption papers or a court order awarding guardianship
- The caregiver’s MMCC Caregiver ID Number. (Caregivers must register and obtain MMCC approval before they can register a patient who is a minor.)
Hospice Care Patients
- In lieu of a recent photo, hospice care patients may provide a letter from the Attending of Hospice Record (“AOHR”).
- The letter must be on official hospice letterhead and verify that the medical cannabis patient is under their care. Letters may be in .pdf or .jpg formats.
STEP 2: CERTIFY
After you’ve completed your online
application, you’ll receive a notification that you were approved. Now, you’ll need to visit a Maryland-registered physician who will
provide a written certification.
To find a physician registered with the MMCC to provide medical cannabis recommendations, you can visit one of the following sites:
- The Maryland State Medical Society (MedChi): MedChi compiled a list of member doctors by region who are licensed by the Board of Physicians, licensed by the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission and who asked to be listed.
- MarijuanaDoctors.com: MarijuanaDoctors.com also provides a list of verified medical marijuana doctors in the state.
Optional: You may obtain an MMCC Patient ID card for $50. A card is not required to purchase medicine but may be helpful in the event that you have to prove your eligibility to possess medical cannabis.
Your certification must be filled out and completed within 120 days of issue.
Designated Caregivers: Once you are a registered patient, you may designate up to two individuals who are over the age of 21 to be your caregivers. Your designated caregivers may pick up medication for you.
DROP BY REMEDY
Congrats! Now you’re set to purchase medical cannabis in Maryland.
Schedule an appointment at Remedy in Columbia, or just stop on by during normal business hours (10 AM – 9 PM seven days a week).
To view our current inventory of medical cannabis medications, visit our online menu today.
Location & Contact Info
Remedy Columbia is located at 6656 Dobbin Rd. across from the Frisco Taphouse and Brewery:
Remedy Columbia 6656 Dobbin Rd. Suite E Columbia, MD 21045
Remedy Columbia is fewer than five miles from:
Pub Dog Pizza & Drafthouse: .6 miles
Snowden Square Shopping Center: .8 miles
Annetta Gardens: 2.5 miles
Lake Elkhorn: 3 miles
We are open seven days a week. Walk-ins are welcome or schedule an appointment for your convenience.
For holiday hours, please call ahead.
10 AM – 9 PM
10 AM – 9 PM
10 AM – 9 PM